About our hall
We purchased the former Howe Church building in Castle Street, Great Torrington in February 1996.
Following extensive renovations it was officially opened during Mayfair in 1998.
The purchase was funded through a grant from The Arts Council for £91,700 with additional monies coming from various local donations and band funds.
In total the entire project to provide Torrington Silver Band with it’s own permanent premises to practice and perform cost in the region of £120,000.
Howe Church is now known as Howe Concert Hall and we use it for rehearsals and concerts.
Hiring our hall
Howe Concert Hall is available to hire at a rate of £30 for the first 4 hours, and £7.50 for every additional hour. We offer a 10% discount to those who make 6 bookings.
More details and photos of our hall are available below. If you would like additional details or make a booking, please contact our secretary Jo White: [email protected].
- Seating area for large audience with more seats upstairs on the balcony
- Tables for coffee mornings, meetings, etc.
- Stage area
- Kitchen area with hatch suitable for refreshments (small charge applies if you would like to use the kitchen)
- Downstairs toilets
- Disabled toilet with easy access
- Outside ramp for disabled access to hall
We’re located at Howe Concert Hall, Castle Street, Torrington, Devon, EX38 8EZ.
Hall bookings can be made by contacting our secretary Jo White: [email protected].